Anytime I tried a new diet, I’d always research what I could & could not eat. This way of living worked for a very short time. I’d cut x, y & z from my life- a month later I’d go crazy, eat everything under the sun & gain ALL the weight I’d lost. I had very little self-control, but I was also depriving myself from the foods I loved. So now, to make my life hella easy– I plan my meals in advance & I eat what I want, when I want (so long as I have the calories available).
Since I’ve let go of all deprivation, I now focus on alternative ways to make the food I love so I can be happy while maintaining my figure. And you know what makes me happy????
The good news is, as usual, this recipe is very practical & guaranteed to satisfy your pizza needs without all the extra crap. Plot twist- there’s no bad news– but it might sound strange that the crust is composed of egg whites & coconut flour lol. Hear me out- before you shut me down. Egg whites are rich in protein, cholesterol-free, they help regulate blood pressure levels, lowers the risk of heart disease.. I mean do I really need to go on here? The benefits are crazzzzzy– in a good way! And don’t we all want to live to 100 years? Um, I do! Continue scrolling if you want to live a strong & healthy life!
Helpful tools I used
for my cute little pizzas
High-Protein Pepperoni Pizza
- 5.2 oz Egg Whites
- 15 g Coconut Flour
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 tspn Oregano Optional for taste
- 1 tspn Garlic Optional for taste
- 1 tspn Red Crushed Peppers Optional for taste
- 20 g Mini Pepperonis Optional
- 3 oz Tomato Basil Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 63 g Low Moisture/Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Stir egg whites, garlic powder, oregano & coconut flour in a medium sized bowl until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spray olive oil into a medium sized pan & set burner to medium heat.
- Once pan is hot & ready, pour just enough mixture to cover bottom of pan. Move pan around in circular motion for complete coverage.
- Place cover on pan, so pizza crust cooks on both sides.
- After 5-6 minutes of being cooked. Spray uncooked side with olive oil and flip. Cook for an extra 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat when both sides are ready!
- Repeat steps 1-5 for as many personal pizza pies you plan on making.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- I love crunchy crust, so I like to pop my pizza stone in while my oven preheats. If you don't have one, place your already made pizza crusts on a pizza pan & add ya toppings!
- Add as much tomato sauce, cheese & pepperoni's as you'd like.
- Once oven is hot & ready, place pizzas in oven for about 10 minutes.
- When you see the cheese melted & pepperoni edges browned, remove from the oven & place on heat resistant mat.
- Sprinkle on red crushed peppers for extra spiccccee & enjoy!
THIS. IS. PIZZA. GOOOALS!
With 18g of protein, 6.6g of carbs & 11.3g of fat- this is a no brainer! To put things in perspective, the average cheese slice from a pizzeria is 285 cals. Just a slice! That’s more than one whole protein pie (including all the toppings I added). I hope this post inspires you & proves that you too- can eat whatever you want, whenever you want! Bon appétit boo!