It’s been a while since my last post, but no worries I’m back with more high-protein heat!🔥 In honor of spooky season & my love for pumpkin spice- I present to you my new fall time F A V O R I T E.
with Pumpkin! And I mean, who doesn’t love pumpkin?!? I’ll wait…
October is here! And that means- the leaves are changing colors, the temperature is dropping & there are pumpkin flavored treats everywhere. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin pies, pumpkin beer, pumpkin donuts- you name it, PUMPKIN! So why not join the band wagon & combine my favorite breakfast with pumpkin too! I had no idea how successful this would turn out, but yolo.
Let’s Pumpkin Spice Things Up…
The star of this meal is Daves Killer Bread- they make organic bread, english muffins & bagels. This brand has several protein packed bread options to choose from (click here to learn more). I prefer the “Thin Sliced-White Bread Done Right” loaf, just because it’s lowest in calories & pairs nicely with any meal I make. I need multifunctional ingredients. I’ve said it many times before- the only way I can keep up with my progress is if I continue to create healthier alternatives to the foods I already love. And I lovessss me some french toast! 🤤
Protein Pumpkin French Toast
- 3 slices Dave's Killer Bread I use "Thin Sliced"
- ½ cup Pumpkin
- 138 grams Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 tbsp Non-dairy coconut cream
- 4 tbsp Sugar-free Original Syrup
- Olive Oil spray
- Heat skillet on medium/high heat. Spray olive oil spray once pan is hot
- Mix pumpkin, egg whites & pumpkin spice in one bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Dip & coat both sides of bread into pumpkin mixture & place on skillet.
- After a few minutes, peek under a slice of bread to see if toast has turned golden/browned. When it has, flip to other side & continue cooking. Monitor and adjust heat so toast doesn't burn.
- Once both sides are cooked & ready -turn off stove, remove from heat & place on plate. Adding sugar-free syrup & non-dairy whipped cream is totally optional yet SO amazing on this pumpkin delight!
If you love french toast- you’ll love this pumpkin version! It’s nutritious, savory & worth every bite! 🤤 I especially enjoy these babies first thing in the morning because they make me feel full & energized ALL. DAY. LONG. Not to mention, they make my house smell damnnnn good.
Happy Pumpkin Season! Treat yoself today & enjoy!