Veggies are not my jam, W H A T S O E V E R. My tastebuds just can not handle the bitterness. So gross! However, I do have a fewww favorites I can tolerate & like to eat in rotation. One being zucchini. There’s just so many different ways to cook this low-calorie, low-carb vegetable. It’s awesome! Today, I decided to finesse them into keto-friendly sushi rolls. And to be honest, they came out pretty great!
In under 15 minutes, I had myself a quick bite to curb my hunger. And that’s saying a lot, because this appetite gets a little out of control sometimes! In order for this to fit my lifestyle, I added crab meat as the main source of protein to these zushi rolls.
Why crab meat?
Well, first of all, crab meat is DELISH! If you’re not into shellfish, you don’t know what you’re missing! If you’re allergic, don’t try this at home! Secondly, it contains a high quality source of protein – making it easy for our bodies to digest. Meaning it’ll keep this waist snatched & these muscles swol. And finally, crab meat has very little saturated fat- which is linked to an increase in heart disease. And keeping my heart strong & healthy is so important to me!
Tools you’ll need for these vegetarian, keto-friendly, high-protein BOMB zushi rolls
Low-Carb Philly Crab Roll
- 1.3 oz Lump Crab Meat
- 7 oz Organic Zucchini
- .5 oz Green Onions
- 2 oz Non-fat Cream Cheese
- 10 tsp Siracha Chili Sauce Optional
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds Optional
- Clean zucchini with vegetable wash & cut off both ends.
- Using a food slicer, slice the zucchini vertically into long slices. From my medium sized zucchini, I was able to get a solid 4 slices.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of zucchini.
- Place crab meat & green onions on one end.
- Roll zucchini from stuffed side to other end.
- Stand on plate & drizzle siracha sauce & sesame seeds for a kick (this is totally optional).
Keep in mind, when using your food slicer- thin slices will work best for the rolling technique. My zucchini slices came out a bit thicker than I anticipated & broke a little as I rolled the slice from one end to the other. As Bob Ross would say “These are happy little accidents“. Regardless- broken slices or not- I really enjoyed these rolls. I absolutely looooooove a good dipping sauce, so I paired these up with spicy mayo, chili garlic & soy sauce.
Try these out at home & tag me in your creations! I would love to see what you come up with!